What you will need:
1.5 lb Cheese Tortellini (Frozen in your Local Supermarket)
2 T Olive Oil
2 T Butter
1 1/2 Qt Roasted Chicken Broth
1 Cup Marinara Sauce (Your Favorite Store Bought or Home Made)
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Reggiano Parmesan Cheese is The Best)
1 Cup Chopped Cremini Mushrooms
1 Cup Chopped Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Cup Chopped Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
1 1/2 T Minced Garlic
2 T Shallots Thin Rings
1 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
1 T Thyme Fresh
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
* Serves 4
1.Start by washing all your produce with cold water and letting it dry on a clean towel
2.Take off thyme leaves and set aside. Chop up your yellow bell pepper, mushroom, slice your shallot rings and mince your garlic cloves.
3. You will need a two gallon sized pot.
4. Add your olive oil, butter, yellow peppers, mushrooms, shallots and thyme to the pot and sauté on medium heat. After a couple of minutes add in your garlic and sauté for another minute.
5. Deglaze your pan with chicken stock, bring your stock to a boil and let it simmer.
6. At this point your ready to add your tortellini pasta and marinara sauce. Let the pasta simmer until pasta in cooked about 6 minutes.
7. Season your pasta with salt and pepper to taste and fresh basil.
8. Plate your pasta in your favorite bowl and finish with parmesan cheese.
9. Pour yourself a nice glass of Chianti and enjoy!