Jerk Shrimp and Mango Jicama Slaw
2 lb Jumbo Shrimp Peeled and Deveined Raw
1 ea. Jicama
1 ea. Mango
2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
3 oz. Jerk Seasoning
1 ea Carrot
1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
2 T Minced Fresh Chives
1 ea. Lime and Zest
1 T Sugar
1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
10 5 Inch Wooden Skewers
1. Pre heat grill to medium high heat, pre heat your oven to 350′ , wash all produce and soak skewers in water.
2. Peel your mango, carrot and jicama.
3. Slice your mango into large pieces around the seed. Then slice your mango long ways and dice.
4. Slice your jicama into julienne slices using your mandolin. If you do not have a mandolin slicer available you can just dice your jicama. thinly julienne your carrots as well.
5. Add your jicama and mango to a mixing bowl. After this is done add in your cilantro, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, minced chives, rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Chill your slaw in the cooler.
6. lightly oil your shrimp and rub with jerk seasoning.
7. Skewer your shrimp with four to a skewer.
8. Slice your potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Rub lightly with vegetable oil and bake on a sheet pan for about 25 minutes or until crispy. When your potatoes are almost ready grill your shrimp they should take about 2 minutes per side.
9. To present your dish shingle your potatoes on the plate in a circle and in the middle place some mango jicama slaw then stack two or three skewers and top with a little more slaw.