1 lb Shrimp Size16-20 Peeled and Devein
2 Medium Sized Garden Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Cup Grated Zucchini
1 Cup Grated Potato
1 T Chopped Parsley
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
Pinch Bread Crumbs
2 T Butter
1 T Salt and Pepper
2 T Olive Oil
2 T Cajun Seasoning
1. Pre heat the oven to 350′ Wash all produce thoroughly.
2. Place tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until tomatoes are golden brown. Remove tomatoes from the oven and let
4. While they are cooling Season your shrimp by lightly drizzling your shrimp with olive oil and coat with
5 After tomatoes are cooled peel off skin and cut out stem puree tomatoes in your food processor and
add fresh basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
6 In a skillet simmer the tomatoes sauce and add a T of butter and let reduce.
7. Grate your zucchini and potato using the largest hole on your grater. Let stand in a colander for at least 30
minutes to drain. They will hold together better when you drain out maximum moisture. Salt generously.
8. In a bowl beat egg, chopped parsley, and lemon zest. Add pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
9. Roll and squeeze zucchini/potato mixture in a towel to soak up moisture. Add pinch of bread crumbs to soak up
any leftover wetness.
10. Combine zucchini/potato mixture with egg mixture. Stir well and coat.
11. Heat 13″ skillet on medium high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. You can use olive oil if you prefer, but butter
12. Drop a spoonful of your pancake mixture in. You don’t really need to form it in advance, but pat it
with a spatula and try to flatten it out as much as possible — it’ll be more crispy that way.
13. Cook 2 at a time in a until golden brown. After you zucchini cakes and tomato sauce are ready it’s time to sear your shrimp in a large skillet add a T of butter and a T of olive oil when your skillet is hot add your shrimp and blacken on both sides.
14. To present your shrimp ladle your tomato sauce on the bottom of your plate top with your zucchini cakes and then blackened shrimp. Garnish with a sprig of parsley and fresh lemon wedges.