Spicy Crab Poke Bowl
1 lb Cooked Canned Lump Crab Meat
1 cup Shaved English Cucumber
1 cup Shaved Carrot
3 ea Sliced Roma Tomato
1 Cup Shaved Red Cabbage
1 ea Avocado
2 ea Lime
1 Cup Soy Sauce
1 T Fresh Grated Ginger
1 T Freshly Grated Garlic
1 ea Shaved Romaine Heart
1 T Hot Pepper Seeds
1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
Sushi Rice Instructions
2 cups sushi or short grain rice
2 cups water, plus extra for rinsing rice
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Rice Cooking Instructions
1.Place the rice into a mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Swirl the rice in the water, pour off and repeat 2 to 3 times or until the water is clear.
2.Place the rice and 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
3.Combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer the rice into a large wooden or glass mixing bowl and add the vinegar mixture. Fold thoroughly to combine and coat each grain of rice with the mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature before using to make your poke bowl.
In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, juice from one lime, hot pepper seeds and whisk.
1.Start by making your sushi rice.
2.Wash all your vegetables and let them dry.
3. Peel your cucumber and carrot. Shave the rest of the carrot and cucumber with your peeler.
4. Shave your red cabbage thinly with a chef knife and thinly slice your tomato.
5. Skin your avocado, deseed and slice thin.
6. Core your romaine hearts and thinly slice.
7. Open canned cooked crab meat and let drain
8. Remove your stems from your cilantro.
9. To present your poke bowl place a one cup of sushi rice on the bottom of the bowl. Then top with romaine lettuce and you vegetables and cilantro as shown in the picture. Finish with crab and a drizzle of your soy ginger dressing.