24 ea. freshly shucked oysters
8 egg yolks
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Cup salted butter
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 lb smoked bacon
1/4 Cup fresh chives
1 T fresh minced garlic
1. Set your broiler on high, cook bacon in a skillet until crispy (Do Not Discard Bacon Drippings). After the bacon in crisp, set aside and let it cool. After the bacon is cooled cut it into diced pieces.
2. After your oysters are shucked make a cup of garlic butter. Lightly sauté your butter and garlic, when the garlic is slightly brown the butter is ready.
3. Drizzle each oyster with garlic butter and then hollandaise sauce.
4. Place oysters in the broiler for about 5 minutes until the hollandaise sauce starts to brown. Remove the oysters from the oven, garnish with chopped bacon and freshly minced chives.
1. Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume.
2. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler), the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
3. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
4. Slowly drizzle in 3/4 of a pound of melted butter, and bacon drippings from the cooked bacon and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume.
5. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use.