12 ea. Jumbo Sea Scallops (U-10 Scallops Ten Per Pound) ( Always look for dry sea scallops meaning not marinated in any solution or preservative, You want an all natural.)
3 ea. Medium Zucchini Sliced Thin
12 ea. Large Fresh Basil Leaves
3/4 lb. Red Grapes
1/4 Cup Spanish Sherry Vinegar
1/4 Cup Pomegranate Juice
3 T Butter
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
3 T Minced Shallots
2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
12 4″ Skewers
1. Pre-heat grill to high heat. Wash all vegetables and herbs and let dry.
2. Slice zucchini thinly long ways, with a chef knife and place on a sheet pan.
3. Lightly drizzle zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Lightly grill zucchini slices, so they are tender enough to wrap around the sea scallops. Place zucchini back on the sheet pan and let cool do not overlap so they cool evenly.
5. To prep your sea scallops pat dry with paper towels and if there is a small mussel on the side of the scallop remove it from the scallop and discard. Lightly dust sea scallops with sea salt and pepper.
6. Wrap sea scallops with one basil leaf around the side and then wrap with one grilled zucchini strip and skewer through the middle of the scallop to hold the zucchini on the scallop.
7. Set sea scallops in the refrigerator while you get the Red Grape sauce together.
8. Lightly toss the red grapes with olive oil, salt and pepper and char on grill set the grapes aside and let chill (leave the grapes in clusters to grill).
9. After the grapes are chilled, slice them up and toss in a mixing bowl with olive oil, sherry vinegar, minced shallot and pomegranate juice.
10. To grill your sea scallops lightly drizzle with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
11. In a small skillet lightly toast your butter until slightly brown.
12. To present you sea scallops place about a table spoon of the grape chutney on your plate under each sea scallop and drizzle with brown butter.